Most people know that they can recycle plastic bags but, did you know that you can also recycle other plastics like cereal box liners, dry cleaning bags, bread bags and paper towel wrap? Please note that we cannot put plastic bags or film in our curbside recycling containers. You have to find a store drop-off center. I have done the research for you. In the Metrowest area these are the places where you can bring your plastic bags and film: Target, Whole Foods, Lowe’s, Staples, Market Basket, Stop & Shop, Shaw’s, Roche Bros. and Best Buy.
Please recycle only clean, dry plastic bags and film. Remove receipts or any other items from bags.
- Retail, Newspaper, Dry Cleaning, Bread, Produce, and also other Plastic Bags labeled #2 and #4
- Zip Close Food Storage bags (clean and dry)
- Furniture and Electronic wrap
- Plastic cereal box liners (if it tears like paper do not include)
- Plastic shipping envelopes, including Tyvek, bubble wrap and air pillows (Remove labels and/or deflate)
- Product Wrap (used on paper towels, diapers, bathroom tissue, water bottles)
- Any film packaging or bag that has the How2Recycle Label shown at right
For more info, visit www.plasticfilmrecycling.org.