A list of restaurants and cafes in the Boston and Metrowest area of Massachusetts that make an effort to give us fresh, real food from local sources, mostly plant based and also try to minimize the impact on the environment by offering recycling, composting and/or re-usable dinnerware. Click on the green titles and you will be re-directed to their respective websites.
- Green Leaf. Framingham, MA. Vegetarian restaurant, mouth watering, wholesome dishes. The smoothies are superb.
- Nzuko. Framingham, MA. The place is beautiful and the food is super fresh and healthy. The owner/chef and staff are super friendly. Don’t forget to try the corn bread!
- Whole Foods Market. Framingham and Sudbury, MA. Hot and cold bar, sandwiches, salads, burritos. Everything fresh from their kitchen.
- Life Alive. Cambridge, MA and other locations. I love this place. The Green Goddess Salad and the Carrot Cake smoothie make my day, any day.
- The Friendly Toast. Cambridge, MA and other locations. A fun, casual and eclectic restaurant. They are committed to sustainability by purchasing from local farms, composting and recycling.
- Clover. Sudbury, Cambridge, MA and other locations. They change their menu daily to accommodate fresh seasonal ingredients. Please check their website and visit one of their locations. They are impressive and progressive.
- Fomu Ice Cream. Three locations in Boston, MA. Plant based, dairy-free super delicious ice-cream, lots of flavors. Their ice-cream is made in small batches and they only use fresh and premium ingredients and spices.
- VO2 Vegan Cafe. Cambridge, MA. The sandwiches, coffee and smoothies are delicious and super satisfying and healthy. I love the peaceful and eclectic atmosphere and the friendly staff.
- Veggie Galaxy. Cambridge, MA. You will love the retro look. The food and drinks are superb and for sure will please even the pickiest eater.
- Walnut Grille. Newton, MA. A lovely restaurant with a creative menu. We loved the tempeh burger and the smoothies.
- Red Lentil. Watertown, MA. We love this little restaurant. The menu offers vegetarian and vegan options that incorporates the best of the east and the west. The seitan is delicious.
- By Chloe. Boston, MA. My family and I love this place. Every time we go there, each of us try a different version of the veggie burgers they offer. They are the best! We totally love the beet ketchup and the chipotle aioli.
- Garden Cafe. Woodstock, NY. If you ever visit this iconic town, you need to pay a visit to this 100% vegan cafe. They have the most lavish and decadent dishes, desserts and drinks, all prepared with love. The staff is colorful and super friendly. I wish there were a place like this in my hometown!
- Taco Party. Somerville, MA. This is a happy and colorful place. A true Mexican homage to plant-based cooking. This is the proof that vegan eating can be delicious, satisfying and fun. Also 100% waste free!
Places that I plan to visit and review in 2018: