Buying second-hand clothing has many benefits. First of all is more affordable and most of the time the quality is superior than the new item. Have you noticed that new clothing doesn’t last as long as they used to? You are also contributing to the recycle flow of goods that may otherwise end in the landfill. You are supporting the local economy. You are not tied to what the fashion industry dictates. Shopping consignment gives you plenty of brands and styles to choose from. Happy Shopping! Click on the green titles and you will be re-directed to their respective websites.
- Lemon Tree Goods. Natick, MA. Great selection of clothing by color and by size. Big selection of handbags and jewelry too. Very friendly staff.
- Kid to Kid. Natick, MA. The best place to buy clothing and toys for your children ages 0 to 12. Great quality goods at amazing prices. They will also buy all your outgrown children’s clothing and toys and will give you a merchandise credit towards your purchase. I love this place!
- DC Natick Consignment. Natick, MA. Next door from Kid to Kid. A very upscale place for the fashion lover. They have a very nice selection of the best brands in the industry.
- Renew Arts and Industry. Natick, MA. Mostly household goods and accessories but they have a small selection of vintage clothing as well. A very nice store with a super creative selection.
- Elan Fine Consignment. Wellesley, MA. Specializing in new or like-new Designer Women’s Clothing and Handbags. They carry fine housewares and furniture in a separate room, be sure to ask.
- The Closet Exchange. Needham, MA. They have 2 stores on the same street! One for high-end and the other for markdowns. The staff at The Closet Exchange is very friendly and always ready to help.
- 2nd Appearance. Holden, MA. Prices are slashed in half on hundreds of select already low-priced clothing and accessories. New items marked down daily!
- Reflections. West Concord, MA. Lovely store with a great selection that changes frequently. The prices are very nice too and they mark down items depending on how long they have been in the store.
- The Finer Consigner. Newton, MA. Cozy boutique with chic clothing and luxurious accessories from Chanel, Prada, Gucci and others.
- Raspberry Beret. Cambridge, Maynard and Reading, MA. I love this little store on Mass. Ave. They have a great selection of summer dresses. I always tend to find something useful here.
- Castanet Designer Consignment. Boston, MA. This store is on Newbury St. The second-hand shop stocks high-end clothing from the wardrobes of the best dressed women in the city.
- The Garment District. Cambridge, MA. Their selection is very eclectic. From brand name clothing, to vintage, to very cheap (by the pound) to Halloween costumes.
- The Clever Bride. Holliston, MA. A great selection of wedding gowns and accessories. Look like a princess, without paying a royal sum.
- Revolve Consignment Boutiques. Newton, MA and other locations. Revolve is the largest, independent, locally-owned consignment network in New England.
Looking for more savings? Try these local thrift/consignment shops. They offer everyday clothing for the whole family, accessories, toys, books, housewares, furniture and much more.
- Sister Thrift. Framingham, MA.
- Savers. Framingham, MA.
- The Good as New Shop. Sherborn, MA.
- Treasure Thrift Shop, Holliston, MA. Located inside the Auction Marketplace. They carry mostly vintage clothing, toys, books and some home decor.